PEDESTAL DECKS DONE RIGHT!
How to ensure a beautiful deck that remains stable over time
and protects the all-important roof membrane?
Constructing a flat deck over a low-sloped roof can be tricky, and few builders possess knowledge of the best materials and installation practices. It’s not rocket science, but every detail matters. A pedestal deck is an assembly of hundreds or thousands of modular deck tiles, pedestals, associated components and shims — each secured in its proper place and position. It’s a level geometrical puzzle that floats above the sloped roof surface. Properly installed, the deck affords no lateral movement and will remain stable over time. It’s also the best protection the roof will ever have.
Seattle Roof Decks specializes in the intricate details of properly installing pedestal-supported roof decks. We’re committed to best practices that very few builders even recognize. To make certain its decks are done right, Seattle Roof Decks sets the industry standard by applying a series of best practices, including:
- Use only high-grade Bison pedestals and components with advanced slope-compensation technology
- Installation technicians are highly-skilled and closely supervised
- Roof surface is protected and kept free of sharp-edged debris throughout installation
- Prior assessment of rooftop ensures proper material accessories are on-hand to resolve any non-ordinary conditions to be encountered during installation
- Consistently tight joints between deck tiles
- Best shimming methods and materials prevent excess pressure or stress points on roof membrane
- Stable perimeter containment on all sides
- Perimeter cuts are tightly contoured to wall or curb
- Attractive matching facia is installed to contain perimeter cavity wherever needed
- Deck floats on roof surface – zero penetrations of roof membrane
- Deck tiles are consistently stable, level and smooth across entire deck